Work with us…
Are you looking for a new challenge? We are looking for a driven and capable individual to manage our catering operations in the Tea Barn and Cabin at Cammas Hall Farm. Working alongside our General Manager, you will use your knowledge and experience to build on our previous success. The role is varied and will cover many disciplines including menu planning, staff management, stock control and ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service. Please refer to the job description and person specification below.
Peak (June to August, October, December) – Approx 50-60 hours per week
Off-Peak (All other months – Approx 30-40 hours per week)
Hours will include weekend and Bank Holiday days. Very occasional evening hours may be required. It is expected that the majority of holiday entitlement will be taken during the off-peak months.
Location: Cammas Hall Farm, Needham Green, Hatfield Broad Oak, CM22 7JT
Salary: £22 to 24k dependent on experience
Please send a CV and a covering email outlining your suitability for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start date: Mid March 2021
Closing date for applications: Sunday 14th February 2021
Interview Date: Monday 22nd February 2021. In-person interviews will take place in a Covid secure environment.
- Manage and oversee the day to day running of the Tea Barn & The Cabin whilst supporting the overall farm operation
- Develop menus in conjunction with the General Manager and prepare menu costings
- Prepare rosters and ensure adequate staffing levels are maintained in all areas of responsibility taking account of scheduled events, weather conditions and seasonal variation
- Prioritise workload during high volume periods; effectively communicate own and customer requirements within the team, and seek & offer assistance where appropriate
- Ensure that excellent customers service standards are upheld at all times
- Ensure effective staff induction and training processes are followed and maintained throughout and suggest improvements where necessary
- Update and maintain the EPOS system, ensuring any problems are dealt with efficiently and as they arise.
- Manage set up and close down procedures, including cleaning duties and End of Day till reporting
- Liaise with the Events team to ensure catering requirements are met for each scheduled event.
- In liaison with the General Manager, ensure adequate stock controls are in place and implement stock management processes, minimising wastage and loss
- Ensure all operations adhere to relevant legislation, licensing conditions and Health & Safety Regulations
- Where necessary, undertake responsibilities as a key holder of the building, ensuring smooth and safe daily operations and security procedures are maintained
- Carry out other duties as appropriate to the post and as requested by the General Manager
- Experience as a Restaurant/Catering Manager/Assistant Manager in a busy customer facing operation
- Excellent catering skills with a knowledge of differing dietary requirements and the seasonality of food
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Qualification
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of managing and training staff
- Experience of using and updating EPOS systems
- Good IT skills including the use of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Experience of stock management
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and Bank Holidays
- Own transport necessary